Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Eggplant requires only a few ingredients and is so simple to make. It’s lower in carbs than garlic cheesy bread but not lacking any of the flavor. Gluten Free & Vegetarian.
Happy Thursday and beginning of a new month! Can you believe we’re already into February?
Whoa…I think we need to slow it down a little bit. But since obviously we can’t control all of that let’s just talk about this Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Eggplant. What better way to start off February!
Okay, so maybe..just maybe I’m a little bit OBSESSED with cheese and garlic! Which you probably already know if you’re a regular reader here.
This eggplant just so happens to be a fun little holder for all of it.
And tastes AMAZingly good for such little effort. Just think you can stuff this little baby with all this goodness, wrap him up..Touchdown.. and put it in the oven with one less thing to think about.
Don’t you think this would be perfect for Super Bowl Sunday? Uhmm, it even almost resembles the shape of a Football.
Or Maybe even a cozy Valentines dinner! You know it’s always nice to share with that special someone 🙂
Okay, okay you might want to make two of these. Anyway I just think eggplant or aubergine is such an elegant classy dish! Don’t know why?? but I just do.
Hence, it would actually be great to serve up anytime. But I thought since it was Super Bowl weekend and all it would be the friendly kind of thing to do and share this one now.
It kind of gives you an excuse or hall pass to eat and drink with family and friends for a few hours. Not that we really need one.
So whether you’re watching the Big Game this weekend or just planning a nice get together let me share some of the highlights of this one for you:
- #1 Reason being flavor
- So much easier to make than say Eggplant Parmesan(no battering or layer here)
- Low in carbs so you can Enjoy more of it
- Cute little holder for cheese and garlic
- Eggplants are a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin K,vitamin B6, and among many other nutrients
- No plates or silverware required so Easy cleanup
- Vegetarian & Gluten Free
- 1 medium/large eggplant
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6-7 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ tsp. each basil, oregano, & thyme
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven 375 degrees
- Rinse eggplant and pat dry. Leave the stem on and cut lengthwise down the eggplant making sure to not cut all the way through. Then cut diagonal to make little bit sized cubes making sure to not cut through.
- Finely dice garlic and add to small bowl with olive oil and spices.
- Drizzle evenly into eggplant crevices and stick fingers in there to evenly smooth around.
- Stuff as much mozzarella cheese as you can into all the little crevices reserving the parmesan for later.
- Wrap eggplant tightly in a layer of parchment paper and then aluminum foil. The parchment paper will help keep cheese from sticking but this is optional if you don't have it.
- Place on baking sheet or in casserole pan and bake in preheated oven 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, carefully open and stuff in the parmesan cheese.
- Leave uncovered and place back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with Marinara dipping sauce