This Cashew Date Banana Shake is super thick, creamy & will feel more like dessert then a healthy shake. Bananas & dates makeup the base for this filling shake suitable for breakfast or snack. Vegan, Paleo ,Gluten Free & No Added Refined Sugars.
So who doesn’t want dessert for breakfast…I know I’m in….
And when the Mr. part of AFCJ (aka hubster) said it tasted like a candy bar, I knew I’d scored with this one.
Cause even though your Mama may have told you all your life, “no candy bars” for breakfast…I’m giving you permission NOW with this healthy Cashew Date Banana Shake!
Trust me on this one & you’ll be so glad you did. I don’t know why it took me so long to try this combination.
That I made since I had some dates, bananas & cashew nut butter that needed to used and boy oh boy I’m I ever so glad I did ⇐ score my friends!
So you see, now you can have a reason to be excited about breakfast with this “candy bar” shake.
And I get that dates & bananas are not a low sugar combination, but dates provide a natural source of sugar… Not to mention the numerous health benefits.
So with all that in mind it’s really okay to add some dates to your diet!
Especially in a Cashew Date Banana Shake since…..
- It tastes just like eating a candy bar for breakfast
- Ready in only 5 minutes
- Great for a healthy quick breakfast or snack
- Dates are easily digested & contain lots of dietary fiber
- And dates also have iron, potassium, B, A, & K vitamins
- So many great nutrients in this Shake
- The natural sugars are a great pick me up
- Contains no Added refined sugars
- Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Cashew Date Banana Shake (Vegan & Paleo)
- 4 Medjool dates pits removed
- 1/3 cup cashew nut butter
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup coconut milk- full fat
- 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- Remove pits from dates and place in small bowl of room temperature water & allow to sit about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile add remaining ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor, reserving ice till last.
- Add dates and blend until creamy & thick. Then add ice cubes & blend again.
- Serve immediately or can store in covered jar in fridge until Ready to Enjoy!