Cauliflower Crust Veggie Pizza is pizza crust made from cauliflower and then topped with your favorite veggies. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
This is a recipe I’ve experimented with on so many occasions. But I must say this cauliflower pizza crust turned out to be my best so far.
This Cauliflower Crust Veggie Pizza is a good one to try especially if you’re trying to lower your carbs.
I think the secret to this one was shaping the crust a little thicker. It tends to hold together better and is much easier to handle. And after all Pizza was meant to be handled.
Toppings are optional but on this one I used tomatoes , bell peppers, red onions, mushrooms and freshly grated mozzarella cheese.
Somehow making a pizza crust out of a head of cauliflower just excites me. I would have never imagined I would have liked this years ago.
If my Mom would have tried to make this for me when I was a kid I’m sure I would have turned my nose up to it. What a difference a few years can make? Well, maybe more than a few..haha
But now I’m a die hard cauliflower lover and I will try to make just about anything with a head of cauliflower. It is a very versatile veggie.
All this from a head of cauliflower. I think I would have made Mom proud. Especially since I don’t recall eating a lot of cauliflower growing up.
My Mom always liked to cook and we mostly ate really healthy meals. But my style of cooking I realize is so different than hers but that’s okay. I realized I probably got a lot of inspiration from watching her.
When I look at cauliflower, I think the possibilities are endless. I can create so many different things with cauliflower. But today, let it be pizza.
So let me tell you why this should be your next favorite pizza crust:
- Since it’s made with cauliflower you’re getting in much needed veggies.
- It’s much lower carb than your standard pizza crust so you can eat more pieces.
- Can be customized with any and all of your favorite toppings.
- Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- 1 medium head of cauliflower broken into florets
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic minced**
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried basil flakes
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper*
- Generously grease parchment paper with olive oil
- In small batches pulse cauliflower until rice like in food processor
- Then lay riced cauliflower on several layers of paper towels or clean kitchen towel.
- Pat dry and try and squeeze as much liquid out of cauliflower as possible.
- The goal is to remove as much moisture from cauliflower.
- Meanwhile grate mozzarella cheese and set aside
- Place riced cauliflower in medium mixing bowl.
- Beat two eggs and add to riced cauliflower
- Add minced garlic, garlic powder, dried basil, black pepper & 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Combine well
- Place mixture into parchment paper and form into pizza shape
- Bake in oven 20-25 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from heat and allow to rest about 10 minutes prior to adding your favorite toppings
- You can actually make the crust earlier in the day and store in the refrigerator covered with saran wrap until ready to top your pizza
- Bake in 375 degree oven once topped an additional 10-15 minutes or until pizza gets bubbly
**can just use extra garlic powder if you don't have fresh
I topped this pizza with mozzarella, mushrooms, green bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes.