These Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Bites have all the flavor of sesame wings without all the guilt. Lightly coated and baked. Then covered in a sticky sesame, maple sauce. Vegan & Gluten Free.
So Hey there!
And I know you’re probably thinking “not another cauliflower recipe”. Cause I know I’ve done my fair share of cauliflower recipes.
But these Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Bites are a game changer. At least that’s how I felt after eating them.
Especially since I’ve always loved the smell of these wings coming from the Chinese places in the mall.
Which takes me back to what inspired me to make these sticky sesame cauliflower bites.
Way, way, back in the day..haha..when I used to chauffeur my daughter and her friends to the local mall this was one of the things they’d usually order.
Now let me tell you, even though I was a vegetarian back then as well, I used to think these smelled incredible.
But then again…what doesn’t smell incredible coming out of most of those little spots at the food court.
The aroma of those sesame, sweet wings just somehow brings back the fondness of those days, along with Alanis Morissette being played loudly in the car.
And as I sat there with my salad secretly drooling over these I never thought years later I’d be making them out of cauliflower.
So anyway it was definitely nice to go back down memory lane for a bit with these Sticky Sesame Cauliflower bites!
What were some of your favorite foods to eat out that you have now re-created at home?
Or what are some healthier versions of take out you’d love to see on the blog? Just drop me a comment below and I’ll try to make it happen 🙂
Anyway these Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Bites are…
- Definitely drool worthy and much better than takeout
- Sticky, sweet, savory little bites
- Will take you back to your favorite Chinese spot
- Kid friendly
- Gluten Free & Vegan
Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Bites
- 1 medium/large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut amino*
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 1/2 tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- sesame seeds
- green onion
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Break cauliflower into bite sized florets.
- Using two bowls, one for milk and the other for flour dip each floret into milk and then coat in flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes till fork tender.
- Meanwhile place sesame oil, maple syrup, coconut amino, vinegar, sriracha, and garlic in small sauce pan on stove top.
- Cook over medium low about 10-12 minutes stirring several times.
- In separate small bowl mix cornstarch with water and add to sauce.
- Continue to cook sauce about 6-8 minutes till thickened.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower florets making sure to generously coat and return to oven about 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
- Serve plain or over rice.
can use any gluten free flour or milk