This Portabella Mushroom Burger can be prepared on the grill or just as easily roasted in the oven. Served with chips or fries for the perfect simple weeknight dinner. Vegetarian and Gluten free(could also be vegan if you don't top with cheese).
It seems like some of the things I make that are the easiest have ended up being some of my favorites.
If you like mushrooms you're definitely going to want to try this Portabella Mushroom Burger. Maybe try them even if you think you don't like mushrooms.
I've been a mushroom lover from the beginning so having this on a bun is like pure deliciousness to me.
I mean, What's not to love here? Okay, I did say I was a little partial to mushrooms. I like to add them to just about anything. Eggs, casseroles, salads, you get my drift.
And so when I was trying to make something easy for dinner last night these Portabella Mushroom Burgers topped the menu. They weren't even intended to take pictures of or share on the blog, but then they ended up being so good I just couldn't wait to.
You can top them with almost anything you like. I always have tomatoes and onions on hand and then I just topped them with whatever greens I had in the fridge.
This was a combination of baby kale greens. Honestly you could eat these mushrooms without any toppings and they would be equally as good.
Or serve them like you would a good steak with any of your favorite sides.
So switch it up one night and replace your burger with a portabella mushroom burger and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Mushrooms have a nice beefy kind of texture so they make a good addition to sauces and chili's.
Portabella Mushroom Burger
- 2 medium/large portabella mushroom caps
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Braggs Aminos *
- ½ teaspoon each garlic powder onion powder, basil, and oregano
- salt & pepper taste
- ¼ cup wine**
- 2 gluten-free hamburger buns***
- Remove stem from mushroom cap and rinse mushrooms and pat dry.
- In medium container place mushroom caps. Add remaining ingredients on top of mushroom caps cover tightly and shake well. Put in the refrigerator and allow to marinate 1-2 hours or longer if you have it.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and roast mushrooms 20-25 minutes turning over once during cooking.
- Serve with your favorite toppings
**wine is optional but recommended
***you can use buns of your choice