This Bean Stew is chocked full of a hearty array of veggies including white beans & kale. An easy one pot dinner that’s the perfect bowl of comfort for busy nights. Gluten Free, Vegan, Dairy Free, Easy.
So when you’re thinking of dinnertime don’t you want it to be….
Hearty, easy and comforting?
I would hope you answered YES to all….
Well that’s EXACTLY what you’re getting with a bowl of this White Bean Stew.
Because stews, soups and chili manage to check ✔ off all those boxes… plus a whole lot more.
And when it’s cold outside I find myself craving these kind of meals even more so.
How can I make a Bean Stew really tasty?
It starts off with basic ingredients and the right seasonings..
Onions, carrots, celery and garlic are a the perfect base for stew. So chop those first.
And make sure to check the seasoning once the stew has finished cooking.
Cause fresh ingredients and the proper seasoning makes all the difference in the world…
Trust me on this one… I think the hubby was pretty amazed at how tasty bean stew could be.
Can I make this stew ahead?
Yes… And those are actually my favorite kind of meals.
This keeps well in a covered container in the fridge…
So go ahead and make it early in the day & just re-heat at dinnertime. Definitely makes life sooo much easier.
Cause I’m all about the make ahead dishes and leftovers. Love, Love love ❤ em.
What kind of white beans should I use in this stew?
I used cannellini beans but you could easily substitute with navy beans.
And canned beans or dried beans that you’ve pre-cooked work in this…
But for the sake of time and it being easy canned beans work really well in this stew.
Tips for making this recipe:
- Have all your ingredients prepped and ready before starting…
- Which includes chopping veggies which could be done early in the day
- Use fresh & organic ingredients whenever possible…
- Making sure herbs are fresh and not out date
- Chop veggies uniform in size to ensure even cooking time
More soups and stew ideas…
AND DON’T FORGET IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE TO PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW, ALONG WITH A STAR RATING!
Until next time-xoxo
Kale White Bean Stew (Vegan & GF)
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 large carrots diced- or 3 medium
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. fennel seed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium russet potatoes peeled & diced
- 2- 15 ounce cans cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2-3 cups chopped kale
- salt & pepper to taste
- red chili pepper flakes- optional
- Place olive oil in large soup pot over medium heat and add onions, celery, carrots, garlic, thyme, bay leaf & fennel seeds.
- Cook about 5-7 minutes till veggies are translucent.
- Then add remaining ingredients reserving the kale till the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and cook 30-35 minutes till veggies are just tender.
- Add chopped kale the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Taste for salt and pepper.