This Garden Salsa Potato Salad is lighter than traditional potato salad. Super easy, flavorful, and bursting with tomatoes, onions, & cilantro(Vegan & Gluten free).
Hey Friends and Happy last Monday of June to you 🙂 Hope ya’ll Enjoyed an awesome weekend.
And Wowzah, can you really believe we’re approaching the July 4th holiday in just 8 short days!
Not trying stress anyone..Hopefully you’ve got big plans that involve lots of relaxation time.
But for all my American friends and readers this typically means a big celebration with lots of food, drinks , and fireworks.
And no cookout is complete without a big bowl of potato salad or two.
Which is why today I wanted to share with you this Garden Salsa Potato Salad since it would be perfect for the upcoming Holiday!
Are you a fan of salsa? Well let me tell you if you are my friends… definitely give this a try!
Cause I’m here to tell you it will soon be come one of your new favorite potato salads.
And since there is no Mayo in this potato salad it holds up better at your gatherings.
Cause nobody has time for any kind of food complications the day of. Or actually anytime!
So why not prepare a big bowl of this Garden Salsa Potato Salad the day before and have one less thing to worry about.
Salsa has always been a favorite in my house, along with potato salad.
My children were never really a big fan of tomatoes but always wanted me to make salsa.
Go figure that out..but anyway I just rolled with it and kept making the salsa.
And with that in mind I thought I really needed to find a way to marry the two together.
By George, salsa and potatoes together are just the perfect companions. Haha!
But seriously give this one a go, and make sure to use fresh salsa.
You could use the jarred stuff but not sure it would be as flavorful. Cause fresh is just always better!
Garden Salsa Potato Salad is….
- Easy, super flavorful and worthy of fresh ingredients
- Great made ahead and holds up well at gatherings
- The best way to marry together two great flavors
- Perfect for using up your Garden Tomatoes
- Gluten Free & Vegan
Garden Salsa Potato Salad
- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Salsa ingredients:
- 3-4 to matoes finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup yellow or red onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and diced
- 1 large handful cilantro chopped
- ½ lime 1½ tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper taste
- several dashes of hot sauce
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Cook on stove top covering potatoes 2 inches above with salted water.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat then reduce heat to medium and cook another 10-15 minutes till fork tender.
- Drain and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Put in large mixing bowl, add olive oil, lime juice, salt & pepper and stir.
- Salsa directions:
- Chop your tomatoes in bite size pieces and add garlic, red onion
- Cut top off jalapeno, cut in half length wise and scoop seeds and membranes out.
- Then finely chop the jalapeno. Wash hands thoroughly after chopping jalapeno. Combine with the tomato, onion, and garlic
- Finely chop fresh cilantro reserving a few leaves for topping.
- Then add lime juice, red wine vinegar, salt & pepper, and hot sauce.
- Combine salsa with potatoes.
- Serve immediately or can store up to five days covered in fridge.