Hello Everyone and Happy Hump Day to you! I think I finally got adjusted to the time change and it didn’t seem to cause me much of a slow down.
I’m sharing a pizza today that is probably a lot different than what you’re used to, but I think if you give it a try you could really get into it. This Brussel Sprouts and Mushroom Pizza has the great taste of roasted Brussel sprouts topped on it.What a wonderful way to get your veggies in! Just when you thought you really didn’t like Brussel Sprouts and then you find them on a pizza, so you give them one more try. They are basically just like little mini cabbages only much tastier.
I think a lot of people have a
love hate relationship with Brussel Sprouts. But I also think they’re an acquired taste. I do really believe that our taste buds change over time so if you think that you don’t like Brussel Sprouts maybe you might want to give them a try on a pizza.
Brussel Sprouts are one of those veggies I used to love to hate. But now they are one of my favorites and I’m always trying to think of different ways to prepare them.So since Pizza is one of my favorite foods why not? I will definitely be making this one again.
I don’t think I ate a lot of Brussel Sprouts growing up, nor did I really prepare them much for my family. But as it turns out it is now one of my daughter’s favorite veggies, so I’m hoping she gives this Pizza a try and maybe she can make Brussel Sprout lovers out of her children while they are still young.
I hope you’ll keep this Pizza in mind the next time you want to come up with something a little bit different for your next Pizza night.
As I’m still working on new creations when it comes to Pizza’s this one will be on my mind when I’m trying to decide my three favorites. That post will come to you sometime in the near future.
Brussel Sprouts and Mushroom Pizza
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 4 ounces Brussel sprouts
- 4 ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Remove outer layer from Brussel sprouts and slice in half. Put in medium mixing bowl.
- Rinse mushrooms and pat dry. Slice mushrooms in half and place in bowl with Brussel sprouts, along with half of red onion thinly sliced.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Roast in preheated 400 degree oven 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place back in mixing bowl and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Meanwhile finely chop garlic and place in small bowl with remaining olive oil.
- Top pizza with garlic olive oil, then shredded cheese, veggie mixture, and dash of red chili pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat to 375 and bake 15 minutes.