Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin is a creamy, tasty side. And with only a few ingredients it’s perfect anytime you want special. Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
Happy, Happy first official week of December!! Ahhh, I can’t believe I just said that.
But as I’m writing this post I can see my Christmas tree so I guess it’s official. We are truly in the Holiday season..Ready or not!
This Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin is a great dish to serve for the Holidays or personally I could eat everyday..haha..
I think my daughter Sam could as well. Another die hard brussels sprouts lover in the family.
Brussels Sprouts are one of those veggies that seem to get a bad rap. You know you mention them and some people just curl up their nose. Like “ I don’t like them or eat them”.
So anyway I’m asking you to rethink these cute little veggies and give this a whirl..Come on now, you know it has to be good with all this CHEEEESE involved.
And these little mini cabbage like veggies are so nutritious that they’re among the top 20 in regards to the ANDI(Aggregate Nutrient Density Index) score.
Okay so maybe that isn’t important to you but if you’re looking for a little more variety this may make you want to try these.
That and all these little babies swimming around in this delicious creamy sauce. Convinced Yet?
So anyway let me just sum up all the reasons to try these Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin:
- Easy to prepare with only a couple ingredients
- Great for the Holidays
- In the top 20 ANDI score
- Cause Mama said to eat more veggies
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
- 2 lbs. brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups half & half cream
- 2½ cups Gruyere cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Meanwhile bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Remove outer leaves from brussels sprouts, trim bottom and slice in half.
- Put brussels sprouts in boiling water and cook about 5-7 minutes(you just want to blanch them).
- Drain and place in casserole dish.
- Meanwhile melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add corn starch and chopped onion and stir a couple minutes to form a roux.
- Add half & half cream and stir frequently till slightly thickened 3-5 mins.
- Add 2 cups of Grueyere cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour over brussels sprouts and stir to combine.
- Top with additional Grueyere cheese and place in preheated oven.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.