Vegetarian Pineapple Pizza is a nice combination of sweet and savory. Loaded with fresh pineapple and jalapenos it's the perfect addition for pizza night. Gluten Free.
I never seem to tire of coming up with a great new pizza share. This Vegetarian Pineapple Pizza was actually inspired by my husband. He said why don't you make one with some pineapple.
And since I never really made one with pineapple I was up for the challenge. I'm someone who always loves a good challenge. Especially when it involves food.
The two main ingredients in this pizza are Pineapple and Jalapenos. So if the combination scares you a little please don't let it.
This will definitely be making it into our pizza rotations. And please use fresh pineapple if you can.
As my Granddaughter Makaela used to call it, SpongeBob's house. I'll never forget the first time she spotted a pineapple in the grocery store after watching SpongeBob marathons all weekend.
First thing out of her mouth was that's SpongeBob's house. Haha, she now thinks she is grown. But SpongeBob will always be a special memory in our house.
So we used his house and some fresh jalapenos which we took the seeds out of. I'm sure SpongeBob would approve.
That's where most of the heat is, but you could leave them in if you want it spicier. The pizza we made wasn't spicy at all. Just had the good taste of the peppers and pineapple combined.
It is really pretty fast to put together and well worth the effort of cutting up the pineapple(which I have to give credit to my wonderful husband Scott for that).
Always willing to help me anyway he can, which even includes devouring all the leftovers of whatever I'm making for the week. We love leftovers in our house. How many of you guys really get into leftovers?
When they come in the shape of a pizza I can usually take care of them fairly quick. I'd love to hear some of your favorite pizza recipes.
Vegetarian Pineapple Pizza
- 1 prepared pizza crust I used gluten free crust
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- ¾ cups shredded parmesan cheese divided
- ½ cup chopped jalapenos
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh pineapple
- Preheat oven 375 degrees
- Finely chop garlic and add to olive oil. Spread garlic olive oil evenly over prepared pizza crust.
- Top with parsley, basil, onion powder and half mozzarella and parmesan cheese mixture combined.
- Top with chopped jalapenos, pineapple chunks and remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes until bubbly and golden brown