Ever had one of those days where you just felt like you couldn’t stay focused on any one thing? Well that’s me today. But I did want to share with you this Portabella Mushroom Quiche.
It’s simple to put together and you can make ahead cause it’s very good re-heated. Sometimes I just want Quiche for dinner, even though this can serve as a great protein packed breakfast. You could make it on Sunday and then have it ready for a quick breakfast for the week. I sometimes like to make it on Friday evenings and then have the leftovers ready for weekend brunch. There is nothing like knowing you’ve got some tasty and ready to go the next day.
With Mother’s Day coming up Sunday you could surprise Mom with this tasty Quiche. I think most Moms like a day off occasionally from cooking. So instead of taking her out, why not make her a Quiche.Portabella mushrooms are probably one of my favorite mushrooms. They kind of have a beefy texture and flavor to me. They are great in so many things and I usually have some in my fridge.
I like to also grill a Portabella Mushroom Burger. You should really give those a try next time you’re grilling out. I think you’d be pleasantly surprised by switching these out for your regular burgers.I hope I’ve inspired you by now to try some portabella mushrooms if you haven’t already.
If you’re interested in all the great nutrients they provide and not just the flavor check this out about the Nutritional Value. You’ll see there are now many reasons you may want to become a mushroom eater.
Enjoy the rest of the week, and I hope you all are planning a Great Weekend for all the Mothers out there.
Portabella Mushroom Quiche
- 1 6 ounce package Portabella Mushroom Slices*
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. each garlic powder onion flakes, red chili pepper flakes
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain full fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces Pepper jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Generously butter pie pan.
- Meanwhile melt tbsp. olive oil and butter over medium heat in saute pan. Place mushroom slices in pan.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion flakes, red chili pepper flakes, salt & pepper.
- Cook about 15 minutes, turning once during cooking process. You want to kind of lightly brown them.
- In separate bowl beat eggs, greek yogurt, garlic, onion, salt & pepper. Add cheese and mix well.
- Layer mushrooms on bottom of pie pan. Then pour egg filling on top. Then top with tomato slices.
- Bake 30 minutes in preheated oven.