Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Grilled Spaghetti Squash is vegetarian, and gluten free. It’s a healthier version of broccoli and cheese and tastes even better with the grilled flavor.
I guess you could say I’m kind of an adventurous person. Well at least when it comes to cooking I am. Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Grilled Spaghetti Squash is just one of my many food adventures. So in the summer months you’ll probably find me attempting to grill just about anything.
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Grilled Spaghetti Squash are:
- A tasty guilt free indulgence.
- Vegetarian and Gluten free.
- Easy to prepare on the grill.
- Husband involved cooking 🙂
Which leads you to this Grilled Corn & Tomato Summer Salad. Salads are not typically things most people would think about grilling, but there again I did say I was an adventurous one.
Some being good adventures and others being great learning curves. They say if you fail at something enough eventually you’re going get it right. And I guess I believe that’s true especially when it comes to food. My food failures definitely intimidated me the least.I would say one of my biggest adventures which involved moving 3000 miles away from home with a baby was probably the most epic learning one 🙁 Don’t think I’ll get into that right now cause that could probably involve writing a book. But I can tell you there was a happy ending to that story 🙂
Grilling is kind of a relaxing thing we do around our house. So we tend to reserve it for the weekends or special occasions.
And when I finally convinced my husband of that, I actually got him to take over the grill. And yes that is his hand in the above picture. Ha ha, he can’t say he doesn’t know how anymore!
Of course there is always a cold adult beverage involved which also makes the process a little more relaxing. That was a monumental time, as prior to that I would prep all the food myself and cook it on the grill.
So small feats to hubby being more involved in the cooking process 🙂I guess he figures he gets to eat all this wonderful stuff and he some how contributed to the whole process.
Does your husband or partner like to man the grill? I know us ladies, even though we are great multitaskers just sometimes want a little help with the food. So cheers to grilling out and getting hubby involved.
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Grilled Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 10-12 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 8 ounces of cheese of choice I used mozzarella and parmesan
- dash of red chili pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and discard. Rub squash skin and inside with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Place remaining broccoli florets, grape tomatoes, onion, and garlic in medium mixing bowl. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Toss vegetables.
- Put spaghetti squash on grill flesh side up and other veggies.
- The broccoli and veggie mix needs to cook about 10 minutes and the spaghetti squash an additional 15-20 minutes until you can pierce with fork.
- Remove spaghetti squash from grill and allow to cool about 5-10 minutes. Then with a fork remove spaghetti strands from squash and place in mixing bowl with other veggies. Toss well.
- Place spaghetti squash mixture back in shells and top with cheese and red chili pepper flakes.
- Put under broiler or back on grill for just long enough for cheese to melt.