So I decided to switch it up a little today from what I was originally planning to share with you. But no worries that will come later. I wanted to share this one because it is super simple to make and I promise tastes soooo good.
This Mushroom Bell Pepper Fajita can come together really fast without a lot of effort.This is one of my go to dinners that I make when I don’t have a lot of time in the kitchen. Although I practically live in there now. But wouldn’t have it any other way.
I’ve been making these for a while now and they are actually inspired by a hoagie I used to eat years ago back before becoming vegetarian. I don’t even know if Steak and Hoagies are still around since I don’t eat there anymore. Does anyone know if they are? Anyway this requires very few ingredients and a little bit of chopping.All of my favorites which includes, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and bell peppers and you have a great fajita. I could go on and on about how good these are.
You can use your favorite wraps to make these but, since everything I make is gluten free just thought I would share my favorite wraps which are Rudi’s . So if tonight you need something quick and easy to make try these out. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.They really are much yummier than the pictures actually portray. But I promise they are not lacking awesome flavor.
But I must give my wonderful husband Scott kudo’s for taking these pictures since it is very difficult to get a good shot of fajita’s especially made with gluten-free wraps.
Mushroom Bell Pepper Fajita
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium/large yellow onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 6-7 baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper taste
- couple dashes hot sauce
- 2-3 gluten free wraps*
- 2-3 slices cheese**
- Melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and bell pepper.
- Saute about 8-10 minutes. Add garlic powder, hot sauce, and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile warm tortillas in covered pan over low heat turning several times.
- Spoon mushroom, onion, garlic, and bell pepper mixture into center of wraps and top with favorite cheese.
- Wrap and serve immediately or you could keep warm in oven at 200 degrees until ready to eat
**use any type cheese, but I find mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese to be good in these.