Chinese Vegetarian Stir Fry is a quick, healthy, tasty meal perfect for a busy weeknight. Serve over rice for a satisfying dinner anytime. Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten Free.
I was just thinking I haven't had a good stir fry in a while and they are so easy to put together. So if you're looking for a quick, tasty dinner this Chinese Vegetarian Stir Fry could be the one.
Making Chinese inspired stir fry's used to be one of my favorite things. Since I haven't had one lately I decided it was time. Normally if I'm craving certain flavors I just recreate them myself.
Whether it be Chinese, Mexican, Italian? Which are among some of my favorites.
This was prepared with a frozen bag of organic stir fry blend vegetables. But feel free to cut up and use fresh vegetables if you have them.
I did use fresh ginger root and garlic. I love the smell of ginger root and when you saute that with some garlic it is such a heavenly aroma. You could also use a little ginger powder in place of ginger root if you have that.
So once you get the ginger, garlic, and veggies going you just need to add a few more ingredients. I chose to serve my stir fry over rice but you could just serve it alone and it would be just as good.
Chinese Vegetarian Stir Fry is your perfect busy weeknight dinner:
- Since you can prepare it in under 20 minutes
- It's healthy, tasty and better for you than take out
- Minimal clean up 🙂
- Also great leftover...if you happen to have any 🙂
Chinese Vegetarian Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 bag of frozen stir fry blend vegetables*
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. Braggs Amino Acid**
- ¼ cup whole raw cashews
- Prepared organic brown rice***
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile melt coconut oil over medium high heat and add minced garlic and ginger root.
- Cook until fragrant about 2-3 minutes.
- Add stir fry vegetable blend and cook another 8-10 minutes until slightly tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook another 3-5 minutes
**you can substitute with soy sauce
***you can serve alone