Cheesy Broccoli Corn Chowder is the perfect hearty chowder that you can feel good about serving any night of the week. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
It's packed with lots of stuff that meets the nutritious side, yet tastes so good you'll actually feel like you're indulging yourself.
So why not indulge yourself in a big bowl of this or two? I would recommend you make a big pot cause I think you will definitely want seconds. And no need to feel guilty since you're getting your broccoli in.
I like it when you can make everything in one pot and just walk away from it and let it do its magic. To me it's such a comforting feeling knowing that dinner is sitting on the stove top waiting on me for whenever I'm ready to devour it.
You can even make this up ahead of time if you're looking to save time and then just re-heat it for dinner or even lunch.
Because of the chunkiness of this it's such a satisfying meal that doesn't really need much else. But you certainly could add a nice salad along side this.
Since I've never really experimented making many chowders I was thrilled this one turned out so good. So I'm going be re-thinking the whole chowder thing.
This is something that's great on a cool evening, although I think I could probably eat this anytime.
We've really been having some crazy weather this week. Just when I thought Spring had Sprung we are starting to get one more little taste of ole man Winter.
I'm sure glad I fought off the urge to start planting when we were having all those nice days of 70+ degree weather.
It kind of had me thinking about this Chowder and wanting to make it again. So I thought I would share this with you guys. Anybody out there in the mood for a tasty Chowder?
Cheesy Broccoli Corn Chowder should definitely be on the list because:
- easy to prepare
- packed with lots of good for you broccoli
- one pot meal
- great served as leftovers
- Vegetarian, Gluten free and Family approved 🙂
Cheesy Broccoli Corn Chowder
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2-2 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 2 ½ cups frozen corn kernels rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¾ cup half & half
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook 1-2 minutes until translucent.
- Add vegetable broth, broccoli florets, corn, bay leaf, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Cook about 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch with half & half and pour slowly into chowder. Cook another 10 minutes until chowder starts to slightly thicken. Remove bay leaf. Add cheddar cheese and cook until melted through.
- Taste for salt & pepper