Cottage Cheese Pizza is an easy to prepare pizza topped with only a couple ingredients. If you haven’t tried it on pizza this is definitely one to try. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Saturday night around our house generally equates to Pizza. I kind of started this sometime ago when I realized I needed to throw together something that was pretty quick to do yet was still tasty.
Generally we do all our shopping that day for all the yummy food I prepare so it’s usually a pretty busy day. So voila, we now have Saturday Night pizza night.
And as you can imagine, pizza can get a little boring if you do the same old thing. At least for me it can.
I’m discovering so many yummy ways to make pizzas that I think it will take me a while to get tired of one of my all time favorite foods other than pasta of course.
So this pizza has only five ingredients not counting the spices so it’s really easy to put together. It consists of minced garlic, olive oil, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, and parmesan cheese.
You start by mincing the garlic and add to olive oil. Then I spread that over the prepared pizza crust generally with my hands. This pizza was made with an Against the Grain pizza crust and they are pretty fabulous gluten free crusts.
Then top with your mozzarella and bake before adding the final ingredients. I love garlic so much I could honestly eat this after just the garlic and mozzarella.
Once you bake this, remove from oven and add the remaining ingredients.
Your pizza should come out looking all bubbly and pure Yummyness is what you should have. Enjoy and let me know what you think if you try this and like it.
- 1 Against the Grain Pizza Crust*
- 6 cloves garlic minced (about 1¼ tbsp.)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- sprinkle of red chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mince the garlic cloves and add the olive oil to the garlic.
- Then spread the garlic olive oil all over the pizza crust. I generally do that with my hands.
- Add mozzarella cheese and basil
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with cottage cheese. I usually just dollop it on the pizza in 5 or 6 scoops
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and sprinkle of red chili pepper flakes
- Bake another 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and let sit about 5 to 10 minutes before slicing