Polenta Grilled Veggie Bites are the perfect little appetizer or lunch. They can easily be prepared on the grill. Gluten free and Vegetarian bites that are just as tasty leftover cold.
I really love when a plan comes together easily and turns out better than anticipated. These Polenta Grilled Veggie Bites were a last minute inspiration of pure Yumminess!
Okay, so I guess I'm a sucker when it comes to little bite size treats. I like things that you can easily grab and not have to re-heat.
I've been working on coming up with a lot more recipes that are just that <- EASY and PORTABLE.
I also wanted to come up with something that kind of felt like you were eating a Sandwich only without the bread.
You could also try this Cauliflower Bread Grilled Cheese for another great gluten free sandwich idea.
I know growing up and much into my young adult life sandwiches were a lunch time staple. I couldn't even imagine lunch being anything other than a sandwich.
It's funny how things and habits have a way of changing. I never thought I'd be making my sandwiches out of Polenta and Cauliflower. But what's really amazing is how much more I'm loving it.
I don't think I tried Polenta before transitioning to a Gluten Free lifestyle. So many things to learn but I've had so much fun exploring my options 🙂 I'm pretty sure it's made me more creative in the kitchen.
Coming from a bread and pasta eating family I had to really be open to new ideas. I've managed to overcome the lunch time stereotype of having sandwiches made out of bread. Ha, ha! And even including it with my dinner.
Most of my dinners usually included some form of pasta or bread. Which for the most part you won't find on my dining table anymore unless it involves a gluten free bun occasionally.
What are some of your favorite lunch ideas not involving bread?
Polenta Grilled Veggie Bites
- 1 18 ounce tube of pre-cooked Polenta
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 5-6 baby bella mushrooms
- ½ yellow onion chopped in big chunks
- 2 jalapenos sliced and de-seeded
- 1 ½ - 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 to mato sliced
- 2-3 slices of Swiss Cheese or cheese of choice
- optional: black olives and chopped parsley
- While grill is heating slice the polenta into ¼ inch - ½ inch slices. Brush both sides with olive oil and set aside.
- Place chopped veggies in mixing bowl, add remaining olive oil, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste. Toss lightly.
- Place polenta slices on grill along with other veggies. Cook until lightly browned about 15-20 minutes turning at least once.
- Remove from grill and assemble sandwiches with veggies, cheese, and tomato slice.
- Can top with optional ingredients