This share is for those of you who think you don’t like Kale. Or maybe you never tried kale or even considered it. I’m hoping I can convince you to give this Garlicky Mushroom Kale Pizza a try and maybe you’ll have a different perspective when it comes to getting in your veggies.I think it’s important to try things even if you think you can’t do it or think you won’t like it. Kale can be incorporated into a lot of recipes. It’s even good in smoothies, if you’re a smoothie drinker. I went through a stage where I was eating Kale all the time but mostly on my salads.
It’s good if you just massage it with some olive oil and garlic. So next time you’re looking for a healthier different version of pizza you may want to give this one a try.There are several different varieties of Kale and you can use any variety for this pizza. I used a Tuscan Kale on this pizza, along with some roasted red onion, mushrooms, garlic, and rosemary.Since I have started making pizzas fairly regularly on Saturday night I wanted to make it interesting. So we’ve challenged ourselves to come up with as many great pizza shares as possible. The we part of this equation being my husband. He has thrown out a lot of great ideas.
So I’m hoping if you’re looking to try a different version of pizza you will check ours out. We have not been disappointed thus far in any that we’ve made. If you have any great ideas for vegetarian pizza toppings please feel free to share. I would love to hear you’re thoughts.
Garlicky Mushroom Kale Pizza
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 5-6 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 6-8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups kale with stems removed and broken into bite size pieces
- 4 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Toss red onion, mushrooms with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Roast in preheated oven 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile finely chop garlic and mix with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Spread on top of pizza crust.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, roasted mushroom and red onion.
- Mix chopped kale leaves with balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper to taste. Top that on the mushroom and red onion. Add sliced cherry tomatoes and shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes until bubbly and brown.