Egg Salad Stuffed Tomatoes are a light, yet satisfying lunch or dinner that comes together really quick. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
If you’re looking for yet another great summertime dinner option then look no further. These Egg Salad Stuffed Tomatoes are packed with everything you need. And did I mention Super Easy!
I make egg salad on a fairly regular basis around our house. It’s so simple to prepare and I like to have a bowl of it readily available in the fridge for snacks or a meal. I’ve served it in wraps for a quick dinner on many occasions.
So the other night when I was having that same ole debate in my head~~< you know the one, What can I have for dinner tonight?
It hit me and I mean literally just staring me in the face in the fridge. That bowl of Egg Salad was somehow going to be dinner tonight.
So that little crisis going on inside my head was suddenly gone, cause I was going to stuff those perfectly ripe bright red tomatoes with some Yummy egg salad 🙂
Do you guys ever have that aha moment once you’ve decided your dinner menu?
I can only say that if you’re Looking for:
- Light and Refreshing Dinner or Lunch option.
- Easy way to get in your Veggies and Protein.
- Not wanting to think about what’s for dinner?
Then mix up a bowl of egg salad and think no more. Ha ha, I only mean about dinner.
Yum…it really is incredibly awesome on pizza. But then again, tomatoes always have belonged on your pizza wouldn’t you say? This is only topping them in another form.
Egg Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes scooped out
- 6 -7 large organic eggs
- ⅓ cup finely diced red or yellow onions
- ⅓ cup finely diced celery
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- ⅔ cup mayo
- ¼ cup plain full fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dill weed
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- handful of finely chopped cilantro leaves
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring eggs to rolling boil and let boil about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Let stand covered about 18 minutes.
- Drain eggs and rinse with cold water.
- Peel and chop eggs and combine with onion, celery, and garlic.
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients for the dressing reserving the tomatoes till the end.
- Pour dressing over eggs, diced onion, celery, and garlic. Mix well.
- Cut tops of tomatoes and hollow out. Spoon egg salad into tomatoes and top with additional cilantro.