Chili Cheese fries is a simple, tasty, dinner to throw together when you're in a hurry. You're not comprising any flavor with these and the chili is a great protein source to keep you full. These are vegetarian and gluten-free.
So I'm really,really excited about the Super Bowl this year. My home team the Carolina Panthers are going to be playing..Go Panthers!!! With that being said I'm already thinking Super Bowl snacks.
I've always loved Chili Cheese Fries so I thought I would revamp my recipe and it would make a great addition to game day. You can prepare them rather quickly and you can just leave the chili warming on the stove or in the slow cooker until you're ready to serve.
I used these organic frozen fries for mine but you could easily make your own fries. They are topped with my slow cooker black bean lentil chili but you can use any chili you like.I hope you enjoy this simple recipe that tastes so good you'll definitely want to be making this time and time again.
Chili Cheese Fries
- 1 bag frozen fries 16 ounce bag
- 2-3 cups chili
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ½ cups cheese divided*
- ⅔ cup half & half
- ¼ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- dash of hot sauce
- dash of paprika
- optional jalapeno's
- Prepare chili and set aside keeping warm.
- Meanwhile cook fries and prepare the cheese sauce. Melt cream cheese over medium low heat then add half & half and remaining ingredients reserving the cheese till the end. Cook about 5-6 minutes. When the sauce has thickened slightly add 2 cups cheese, reserving ½ cup for topping.
- Melt thoroughly and turn to warm until ready to assemble
- Put prepared fries on plate, top with warm chili, cheese sauce and any additional toppings.
As an appetizer it will serve 4-6. For main meal it would serve 2-4
additional toppings optional
you could also make your own fries