Spicy Crock Pot Cauliflower Mac & Cheese is an easy to prepare gluten free option for Mac & Cheese. It’s vegetarian and has all the flavors of traditional mac & cheese only a healthier option.
With the cooler weather coming I’ve been pulling out my crock pot trying to come up with some savory new recipes. So this Spicy Crock Pot Cauliflower Mac & Cheese was created.
Now I know you can use the slow cooker anytime but for some reason I go through periods that I want to create everything in a crock pot.
I think it’s just the ease of throwing everything together and then forgetting about it for a couple hours.
This Spicy Crock Pot Cauliflower Mac & Cheese has definitely made me a crock pot user again. Can you say delicious with virtually no work involved other than dismantling a cauliflower?
If you’re not into the spicy thing you can always leave out the jalapeno’s and you would still have what I consider a masterpiece. Okay so maybe I’m a little be partial to cauliflower and cheese.
But I bet I can make a non cauliflower lover into a cauliflower lover with this recipe. And to think when I was younger I didn’t really care for cauliflower.
So try this recipe and see if you can get the children to start enjoying their veggies again. And I mean children of all ages.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- ½ stick butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup diced pickled jalapeno's
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ⅔ cup half & half
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil
- Break cauliflower into small bite size florets and carefully add to boiling water
- Cook about 5 minutes. Remove from heat & drain well. Add back to pot
- Add remaining ingredients and combine well
- Pour mixture into crock pot and cook on high heat approximately 2- 2/1/2 hours
- Top with paprika and additional cheese**