Mushroom Cheddar Quiche with Hash Brown Crust is the perfect brunch or even dinner. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
I have so many different versions of quiche but I must say this is one of my favorites.
When I went gluten free several years ago I thought it was going to be really hard to make the adjustment. This Mushroom Cheddar Quiche with Hash brown crust made it a lot easier.
And after experimenting with so many recipes I’m finding doing without pasta and bread really isn’t that bad.
I like to make quiche for dinner some nights and it makes great leftovers for your brunch the next day.
Cooking with mushrooms, onions, and garlic pair well in so many different recipes. I could eat different variances of quiche and don’t think I would tire of it very quickly.Hash browns and eggs just pair nicely together so this is always a good go to for a gluten free crust.
Even if you’re not trying to steer away from the gluten this is still delicious and makes a great crust for any version of quiche.
So next time you’re looking for a tasty brunch or even dinner try this Mushroom Cheddar Quiche with Hash brown crust.
One of my other favorite Quiche recipes is Three Cheese Quiche with Grits Crust which is another great way to make a gluten free quiche.
Mushroom Cheddar Quiche with Hash brown crust
- Crust ingredients:
- 1 large or 2 small/medium size russet potatoes*
- 2 tbsp. butter melted
- Filling ingredients:
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- several slices of red onion for garnish optional
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 5-6 cremini mushrooms thinly sliced
- 8 ounces of grated cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup of plain full fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Crust instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degree
- Grate potatoes and then rinse in bowl of cold water several times
- Drain well squeezing out excess water
- I like to use my potato ricer for that but if you don't have one just squeeze out as much water as you can and dry on paper towels
- Press hash browns in 9 inch pie plate and drizzle with 2 tbsp. of melted butter
- Bake in 375 degree oven approximately 20-25 minutes until firm and lightly browned
- Filling instructions:
- Saute onion, garlic, and mushrooms with 1/2 tbsp. of butter & 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium high heat about 7-8 minutes
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to mushrooms as sautéing.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Meanwhile in large bowl combine eggs, half & half, greek yogurt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt and beat until smooth. Fold in mushrooms and cheddar cheese
- Pour into prepared hash brown crust.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 30-35 minutes until set and lightly browned
I have made it both ways and it was good.