Simple Make Ahead 7 Layer Salad
This salad is loaded with tons of fresh veggies, eggs & then topped with a creamy mayo dressing & shredded cheddar cheese.
- 3 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 3 cups spinach leaves (chopped)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (sliced in bite sized pieces)
- 6 hard boiled eggs (chopped)
- 16 ounces frozen peas
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces pitted black olives
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. dried dill weed
- salt & pepper to taste
Start by layering the chopped rinsed romaine lettuce and spinach leaves in bottom of glass serving bowl.
Then layer chopped grape tomatoes, chopped red onion, black olives, chopped hard boiled eggs, frozen peas rinsed, mayo dressing, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped green onion.
Combine mayo, sour cream, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, dill weed, salt & pepper to taste in small bowl and mix well. Set aside to layer on salad.
Can use any combination of salad greens.
Once salad is layered cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.