California Style Avocado Salad
A simple salad packed with lots of good veggies and avocado makes for the perfect summer dinner.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 16 ounce bag California style frozen veggies broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
- Salt & pepper to taste I used Pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- mix of your favorite greens I used spinach, and baby kale mix
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 5-6 grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 avocado chopped
- parmesan gouda cheese
- 1 lime juiced
Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat. Add chopped garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
Add mix of frozen vegetables. Cook about 5-6 minutes, then add basil, oregano, salt & pepper to taste. Cook an additional 10-12 minutes until veggies are lightly browned. Remove from heat and add balsamic vinegar.
Meanwhile place greens in salad bowl. Top with sautéed veggies, red onion, tomato, avocado and chunks of cheese or shaved cheese.
Dress with remaining olive oil and lime juice.
Vegan option: omit cheese
If you can't find parmesan gouda cheese just use a good quality parmesan.