Polenta Grilled Veggie Bites
Polenta Grilled Veggie Bites are a tasty bite size sandwich made from lightly grilled polenta slices that are the perfect snack or appetizer.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 6 -8 bites
- 1 18 ounce tube of pre-cooked Polenta
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 5-6 baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped in big chunks
- 2 jalapenos sliced and de-seeded
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 to mato sliced
- 2-3 slices of Swiss Cheese or cheese of choice
- optional: black olives and chopped parsley
While grill is heating slice the polenta into 1/4 inch - 1/2 inch slices. Brush both sides with olive oil and set aside.
Place chopped veggies in mixing bowl, add remaining olive oil, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste. Toss lightly.
Place polenta slices on grill along with other veggies. Cook until lightly browned about 15-20 minutes turning at least once.
Remove from grill and assemble sandwiches with veggies, cheese, and tomato slice.
Can top with optional ingredients