Slow Cooker Spicy Cabbage Soup
Slow Cooker Spicy Cabbage Soup is chocked full of a healthy dose of veggies. Perfect for any night of the week since it's so easy to prepare.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1 small head of cabbage chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped*
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and diced
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/3 cup white wine optional
Place all the above ingredients in the slow cooker reserving the tomato paste and wine for last 2 hours of cooking.
Cook on high 4 hours, then add tomato paste and wine.
Turn slow cooker down to low and cook another 2 hours.