Hot Broccoli Cheese Dip
This Broccoli Cheese Dip is super easy to make and loaded with lots of broccoli and cheesy goodness. Serve warm with chips, crackers, veggies or GF bread.
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 3 tbsp. yellow onion finely chopped
- 8 ounces frozen broccoli florets- about 1 1/4 cups
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- couple dashes of hot sauce
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Steam frozen broccoli florets over medium low heat about 5-6 minutes. Then set aside to cool.
Once cooled finely chop broccoli florets.
Meanwhile in large mixing bowl add softened cream cheese & sour cream and blend with hand mixer till combined.
Add garlic powder and oregano and mix again with hand mixer till combined.
Then add broccoli florets, red bell pepper, onion, cheese, hot sauce and salt & pepper to taste.
Mix with spoon till everything is incorporated.
Spoon into 1.5 quart baking dish and bake in preheated oven about 20 minutes till bubbly.
Can be stored in fridge in airtight container for up to a week.
Re-heat at 300 degrees for approximately 10 minutes till warm & bubbly.