Zucchini Tomato Casserole is an easy to prepare casserole perfect for any occasion. Can easily be made ahead and re-heated making it a great option for any night of the week. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Happy New Year Everyone!!! Wish mine would have started a little less eventful.
As I’m sitting here trying to get my thoughts together and write this post CJ is at Charlotte Veterinary Hospital. In case you didn’t meet CJ ♥♥ , she is my feline furry family member.
We took her last night as she appeared to be very weak and not eating. It turns out she had a very high fever and an abscessed tooth which she is going to have to be removed.
They kept her overnight and are still trying to get her vitals stable before we can bring her home and schedule her for the tooth extraction with her regular Vet. Anyway I thought I would try and do something to take my mind off all that so here we have it.
Zucchini and Tomatoes all layered together in this easy to put together casserole.
And who doesn’t need a simple, yet tasty solution for dinner sometimes.
Here are the main reasons you might want to consider this for dinner.
- Made with tasty ingredients you may already have on hand.
- Can be made ahead and easily re-heated.
- Great comfort food for when you really, really need it.
I hope you Enjoy this casserole and Make 2016 a Great Year!!!
- ½ stick of butter melted
- 4-5 slices gluten free bread*
- 1 large zucchini peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 slices Swiss cheese thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- You can melt butter in the oven as it is preheating. Break bread into bite size chunks and then pour melted butter over the bread. Add remaining ingredients other than Swiss cheese and parsley which are reserved for topping.
- Combine well and pour into 13x9 casserole dish.
- Top with Swiss cheese and dried parsley and bake covered about 45 minutes then remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes
You can also top with additional tomato slices and parsley when done.