Zucchini Noodles with Mushrooms & Parmesan Cheese are super Easy to prepare and require only a couple ingredients. Gluten Free & Vegetarian.
I love making noodles out of something that grows in the ground. The way I see it the more whole foods you can eat the better off you are.
Processed food really scares me now. If you can’t pronounce the ingredients in it I would say you probably don’t want to consume it.
These Zucchini Noodles with Mushrooms & Parmesan Cheese are so simple to prepare and tasty.
So when I purchased my Veggetti Pro Spiralizer I was so excited to use it. Being the person who used to consume the processed pasta noodles at least several times a week this was going to help make the adjustment a little easier.
And yes, I would have considered myself a pasta addict. So hooray for my Vegetti Pro! It’s making it easier to create some of the dishes that I really love.
This is my Veggetti Pro Spiralizer in use. One of my favorite kitchen tools. I’m seriously thinking that I’m really out growing my kitchen.
It’s so easy to use and I would definitely recommend it if you don’t already have one. It makes Gluten free living so much tastier. You can make these noodles in a matter of seconds.
So I hope you enjoy these Zucchini Noodles with Mushrooms & Parmesan Cheese as one of your easy and quick weeknight dinners!
- 2 medium/large zucchini
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 6-7 medium cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for topping
- Rinse zucchini under cold water and peel
- Cut off top and bottom edge of zucchini and put it through the spiralizer**
- Then put your zucchini noodles in a colander and sprinkle with generous amount of salt
- Let sit about 20-30 minutes. The goal is to remove as much moisture from the noodles as possible
- Meanwhile in large skillet saute onions, garlic, mushrooms, salt, and pepper in butter and olive oil about 8-10 minutes
- Rinse zucchini noodles and pat dry. Combine with onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook several more minutes.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese