Zucchini Goat Cheese Rolls are super simple to make and a great way to use up all those zucchini you have in your garden or fridge. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
I seem to always have lots of zucchini in my fridge especially this time of year. Unfortunately no garden for me living in the city. Although I would love to have a small garden in the back yard but just don’t have a great spot.
Which brings me to my interesting afternoon as I’m writing this post. Okay, keep in mind I said I’m a city girl. The backyard is really kind of woodsy but nevertheless it’s the city. So I’m looking out my back door while writing and thinking Wow and What the heck?
I immediately jump up to get a closer look and there was a deer in the backyard(my cat would have freaked). So I grab my trusty camera which is mainly used for food pictures and proceed to snap a shot.
Anyway, it was a Mamma deer with two babies and they moved too fast to get a good shot but it was pretty exciting for a minute.
Almost as exciting as these Zucchini Goat Cheese Rolls. I actually served these for dinner but they would also make an awesome appetizer.
You can make these rather quickly and your guests would be impressed thinking you worked hard on these. I think the goat cheese compliments the zucchini rather nicely. And if you cook the zucchini lightly on the grill it kind of gives them a little grilled flavor.
Which in the summertime I try to grill as much as possible. You could throw a few other things on the grill along with the zucchini and have a great meal reserving these as the Star appetizer.
They will keep in the fridge for several days covered, although they tend to release moisture so I prefer to eat them the same day. However, I did devour a couple the next day and they were just as tasty.
- 2 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- 1½ tbsp. olive oil divided
- salt to taste
- 4 ounces garlic & herb goat cheese
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ tsp. dried dill weed
- handful of fresh chopped parsley
- handful of baby kale mix or greens of choice
- While grill is heating thinly slice zucchini and brush both sides with ½ tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side. You just want to lightly cook them.
- Meanwhile add goat cheese, olive oil, chopped garlic, dill weed and chopped parsley to medium mixing bowl and combine well.
- Remove zucchini from grill and place and on paper towels or parchment paper lined pan.
- Put about 1 tbsp. of cheese mixture at very end of each zucchini and then top with greens and roll.
- Can store in fridge until ready to serve.