This Tomato Basil Caprese Appetizer is made with only a few ingredients. Grape tomatoes slow roasted with garlic and onion are a tasty appetizer suitable for any occasion. Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
Welcome 2017..I’m so happy to be sharing this Tomato Basil Caprese Appetizer as my first recipe of the year!
This appetizer has always been a favorite of mine and it’s so simple to make.
So when I made this for New Years Eve this year I knew I needed to share this one with you guys soon.
Cause guess what, I’ve got sooo many more yummy, tasty healthy recipes to share with you this year as I’m just getting started.
And I wanted to say Thanks for all the love and support I received after my first year of starting this blog…so much more than anticipated 🙂 🙂
I have lots of great things planned for 2017 so I hope you’ll stick around to check them out.
So I hope everyone’s New Year started out great..Maybe you’re even enjoying an extra long weekend for the Holiday.
It’s always nice to have a Monday off isn’t it? Even if it’s just to re-group or pack up the holiday decorations.
I’m still looking at mine while writing this thinking that’s next on my agenda!
Anyway, it’ll happen soon enough but let’s get back to this appetizer.
While I still have so many more recipes, tips and appetizers for 2017 I just wanted to share with you why this could be a favorite:
- So eazzy to prepare with only a few ingredients
- It makes your house smell amazing while roasting
- The presentation is beautiful enough for entertaining
- We can never have too many tasty appetizers for the New Year
- Vegetarian & Gluten Free
Enjoy the rest of your first week of 2017 and I’ll be checking back in again Real soon with more good stuff!
- 1 pint(10 ounces) grape tomatoes
- 6-8 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 medium size ball of fresh mozzarella cheese
- handful of fresh chopped basil
- optional: gluten free bread
- Preheat oven 250 degrees
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse grape tomatoes in cold water, trim top and slice in half.
- Place in medium mixing bowl with garlic, onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix well and spread out on baking sheet.
- Slow roast 45-minutes-1 hour.
- Place on serving tray with fresh sliced mozzarella, basil and an additional drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Can be served alone or with gluten free bread, crackers, etc.