Spinach Alfredo Pizza is topped with a creamy, easy to prepare sauce, tomatoes, spinach and cheese. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
When going gluten free, I had to explore all kinds of options for making one of my favorite foods. This is one of my quick versions of pizza.
When time permits, I also like to experiment with making my own pizza crusts. But for a fast quick dinner I like to use prepared pizza crusts.
My favorite gluten free crust is Against the Grain Pizza crust. So far it’s the best one I’ve come across yet.
And it is really great with this Spinach Alfredo Pizza along with many of the other pizza I’ve made.
If you’re a big fan of Alfredo like I am you’re probably will want to make this pizza. I can’t think of anything better than Alfredo on a pizza crust. Well except for Zucchini of course.
Spinach Alfredo Pizza is :
- Easy to prepare
- Tasty so sure to become a favorite pizza
- Loaded with great for you veggies
- Including Popeye approved Spinach…haha
- 1 pizza crust
- 1½ tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¾ cup half & half *
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- mixture of shredded mozzarella, monterey jack, & cheddar cheese
- about ¼ of a small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- handful of spinach for topping
- 1 small tomato for topping
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In small saucepan melt butter over medium low heat. Add cornstarch and stir until roux formed
- Add half & half and stir until slightly thickened. About 10 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted
- Remove from heat and add salt & pepper to taste
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet and top with white sauce. Add chopped onion, garlic, spinach, tomato and top with cheese
- Bake about 15 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown
*If using heavy cream you don't need to add cornstarch to thicken