Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are a creamy classic recipe for never fail mashed potatoes. And all done in the slow cooker so ready when you are. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Who doesn’t love creamy mashed potatoes? Potatoes are the perfect side for almost anything.
And since I’ve really been feeling the need to eat a lot more comfort food this is always going to be a favorite.
I’m not sure if it was the sudden change in weather with the blast of cold air that came in. Or perhaps just the need for a little more comfort from my unexpected start to the year.
Either way I’ve been making things that are really simple to do and taste so good you’ll feel like you put a lot of work into them.
This was actually my first attempt at cooking mashed potatoes in the slow cooker.
I’ve seen lots of recipes for slow cooker mashed potatoes and knew I needed to try it.
And I can tell you I’m not disappointed in the results. The Best part is how easy it is.
Just throw your potatoes in the slow cooker early in the day and you’ll have the perfect compliment to your meal.
I served them with some beans I had cooked in the slow cooker on Sunday. It was a combination of black eyed peas and black beans.
The potatoes and the beans complimented each other nicely. So if mashed potatoes are your version of comfort as well I hope you’ll try these soon and let me know what you think.
If you’re like me, I feel anything in moderation is probably okay when it comes to food.
My only real philosophy when it comes to eating is to make sure I’m eating as many whole foods as possible. Like they say(whoever they are?), stay away from the middle isles in the grocery stores and you’re probably going to get it right.
So pull out the slow cooker and try these creamy Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes since:
- So easy to prepare
- Mashed Potatoes go with everything
- Comfort food at its best
- Will be your new favorite way to make mashed potatoes
- Vegetarian and Gluten Free
- 4-5 medium/large Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1¼ cup half & half divided
- 1 cup plain full fat greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion flakes
- 2 tbsp. butter plus ½ tsp. for slow cooker
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- Optional toppings: Chives and Paprika
- Lightly grease slow cooker with about ½ tsp. butter. Place the first seven ingredients in the slow cooker and combine. Reserving ¼ cup half & half for the end. Cook on high heat 4-5 hours until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add butter, cream cheese, ¼ cup half & half. Mash with fork or potato masher until potatoes are smooth and creamy.
You can top the potatoes with optional ingredients such as Chives and Paprika
Recipe can easily be doubled if needed