Simple Black Eyed Pea Salad is a great salad to add to any meal or it’s also good served alone. It’s a perfect addition to have at picnics or cookouts.I’m always a big fan of making things that I can prepare ahead of time as it just makes life a little simpler. Of course it also helps with meal preps if have a few things readily available in the fridge.
If life could only be as Simple as Simple Black Eyed Pea Salad then what fun would it be? You’re thinking RIGHT, and somehow not equating the black eyed pea salad as fun.
But I’m just having one of those Mondays that a bowl of this salad and chilling out on the deck could actually be considered fun for me today. Sometimes being Adult is a lot of work, but as a child you just couldn’t wait to have that kind of freedom.
Wrong? I so remember the summer days when you looked forward to school being out and just playing outside all day under the sprinkler or wherever.
I guess children now a days can’t really appreciate that kind of fun with all the technology. I think most of them would rather be glued to a laptop or Ipad.
And me on the other hand sometimes have those kind of days where that’s the last place I wanna be. Ugh, especially when having computer malfunctions like today.But like I said a tasty bowl of no guilt Black Eyed Pea salad can make it all seem a little better. It just kind of takes me back to the simpler things in life and sometimes that’s really all you need. Well that, and a big messy Chili Cheese Veggie Burger.
So have a great week everyone and I hope you’re enjoying some of the simpler things life has to offer you this week 🙂
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- 10 grape tomatoes quartered
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- handful of fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 2½ cups cooked black eyed peas*
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add black eyed peas to large mixing bowl.
- Combine with red onion, bell peppers, grape tomatoes, garlic, and parsley.
- In separate mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour over black eyed pea mixture and combine well.
- Better if allowed to chill at least 1 hour prior to serving.
Or you can cook them ahead of time. I cooked a bag of the dried black eyed peas to have on hand for several recipes.