This Roasted Green Bean Crustless Quiche could easily serve as Dinner or a special weekend Brunch. Either way it is fairly simply to assemble and is packed with a lot of flavor.Decisions, decisions on whether it should be a breakfast category or dinner? I guess I’ll just make it both. After all I don’t really want to limit something this tasty to a specific time of day. I think a lot of people like to sometimes have what they consider breakfast items for dinner. I kind of just go with what I’m feeling that day and what I have readily available.
Of course I like to make sure I include as many good veggies in my day as possible, along with some good protein sources and healthy fats.This is piled high with green beans which kind of takes the place of the crust. When I thought about making this I wasn’t quite sure I was going to get the texture I was looking for. But this recipe for Roasted Green Bean Crustless Quiche exceeded my expectations. Both the flavors and the texture were perfect. It’s kind of similar to a pie when you slice it since it holds together really well and looks as good as it tastes.
I roasted a bag of frozen green beans since that is what I had on hand. You could definitely use fresh green beans if you have some. I just always try to keep frozen veggies in my fridge cause you can keep them around longer. And if you’re like me and don’t ever really know What’s for Dinner tonight it can just make your life a little easier.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to prepare just green beans as a side you may want to try these Garlic and Red Onion Roasted Green Beans.
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen green beans rinsed and patted dry
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup half & half
- ½ tsp. each garlic powder & onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- couple dashes of hot sauce
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese*
- 3 ounces of Cheddar cheese*
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Place green beans, onion, garlic, olive oil, and salt & pepper in mixing bowl. Combine well and spread green beans out on baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven 15-20 minutes turning at least once. Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool. Reduce heat in oven to 375 degrees. Once cool slice the green beans into smaller pieces.
- Meanwhile beat eggs with half & half. Then add remaining ingredients reserving the butter for the quiche pan. Mix well.
- Put green bean mixture on bottom of buttered pie pan and spread evenly. Pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes.
You can certainly vary the amount of cheese as well.