Roasted Asparagus Cauliflower Salad is packed with lots of great veggies and makes the perfect, easy summertime dinner. It’s also great leftover for lunch the next day. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Salads are something you can make last minute with whatever veggies you have in the fridge. And since I’m not the best meal planner they often become some of my go to dinners.
No one complaining in this household. Especially the hubby! He’s always loved a good salad so that’s something I continue to get creative with.
It’s also a fun or should I say creative way to use what you have on hand and make it into something you would want to share 🙂
One bowl dinners seem to some how always do that for me. You see there can be so many advantages to this whole one bowl thing<<less to clean up for sure. Not to mention cleaning out your fridge. Which saves some of these wonderful fresh looking veggies from making their way to the compost pile.
Another great one bowl dinner to try is Parmesan Grilled Zoodles. You don’t even have to turn on the stove for this one.
And most of the time I’m only making meals for two which means they really need to be leftover friendly. I can tell you more times than not my dinner is usually going to be lunch the next day.
Well, minus that glass of wine at lunch. Even though some days you may need that glass of wine with it. Ha ha..
What are some of your favorite leftovers for lunch? The great thing about this salad is it’s packed with a lot of protein from the Chickpeas. They are such a great source and they help to satisfy you and keep you full longer.
I also love experimenting with making homemade Hummus with things other than the traditional chickpeas. This Black Eyed Pea Hummus is a good one to try if you’re a hummus lover 🙂
So if you’re looking to clean out the fridge, prepare a tasty, simple dinner then Why not give this Roasted Asparagus Cauliflower Salad a go.
- ½ head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen asparagus spears(can use fresh)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 box or can chickpeas (11-14 ounces)
- ¼ onion sliced
- 6 grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Put cauliflower florets in medium mixing bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil and toss well.
- Place asparagus spears on baking pan and brush with remaining olive oil. Put cauliflower on pan with asparagus. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place in preheated oven and cook 25-30 minutes turning at least once.
- Meanwhile place rinsed chick peas in salad bowl. Top with asparagus, cauliflower, onion, grape tomatoes.
- Pour juice of lime and drizzle of olive oil on top and mix lightly.
- Top with feta cheese