This Philly Style Vegetarian Quesadilla is the perfect appetizer for anytime you’re hanging out with family or friends. It can also serve as an easy dinner for two. (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
So whether you’re planning a big weekend for the 4th or just looking for a relaxing evening with a few appetizers readily available, this Philly Style Vegetarian Quesadilla is sure to please all palates 🙂
It’s definitely customizable as well. If you want to add additional veggies or use whatever your favorite cheese is.
I also wanted to mention that I recently added the Yum Button to my website. It’s the orange button at the bottom of this post with y in the middle of it. Yummly is a great place for you to share and save all of your favorite recipes. Please check out my page there and make sure to Yum all of your favorite recipes. You can also connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or Instagram and never miss any recipes.
So if this looks like something you would love to make just make sure to Yum it 🙂
Oh, and don’t forget the dipping sauce for your Quesadilla. And that can be as simple as some sour cream or yogurt. Whatever your favorite dip is, although it doesn’t necessarily need it but I’m just a dipper. What can I say?
So on to your 4th of July festivities and I hope you have a terrific and fun filled Holiday weekend. Hey for me, I’m just Happy for a few days break.
- 4 plain gluten free tortilla wraps(I used Rudis)
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 6-8 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1½ tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder divided
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 4-6 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese
- optional toppings: tomato and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush both sides of tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle with about ¼ tsp. garlic powder. Lay them flat on pan and lightly toast both sides flipping over after several minutes. Remove from oven and top 2 of the tortillas with mushroom and bell pepper mixture. Then top with cheese. Place other tortilla on top and press together firmly( should have two stuffed Quesadillas).
- Place back in oven and bake about 10 minutes per side.
- Remove from oven and top with optional ingredients.
- Cut into quarters and serve.