Philly Cheese Pizza is loaded with green peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese. It kind of reminds me of eating a great Philly style sub. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
It’s a beautiful day here today for the start to a new week. The Easter weekend was a little dreary with all the rain we had, but all and all it was a pretty nice weekend.
I haven’t shared any of my pizza recipes recently so I figured it was about time to share this one. Philly Cheese Pizza is inspired by my love for this sub I used to eat years ago.
And so I’ve incorporated those flavors into a lot of other recipes since I can’t seem to get enough of that combination. Give me some…onions, peppers, and mushrooms and I’m good to go 🙂
So in case you’re new to my blog, Saturday night around here is pizza night. Since I spend most of my day Saturday shopping for all these wonderfully fresh ingredients used on the blog, I needed something relatively simple yet tasty to make after shopping<—Hence, Saturday night pizza night was born.
So please check out my collection of pizza recipes if you are looking for a new tasty idea for your next pizza.
Now grab a cutting board and a cocktail or two..Ha,ha, and start the chopping process. You can have this Yummy Philly Cheese pizza prepared fairly quickly.
It’s just a quick and easy way to incorporate some good veggies in. These are some of my favorite ingredients to use so I’ve pretty much mastered cutting up these guys.
I can have them cut up in a matter of minutes so to me it’s not really time consuming and what I consider to be a fairly quick and easy dinner.
And you can see by looking at this it’s nothing but Pure Yumminess!! Who says that healthy can’t taste good as well.
- 1 prepared pizza crust*
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 8-10 cloves garlic divided
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 6-7 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- sprinkle of red chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven 375 degrees
- Meanwhile melt butter and 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, 4 cloves chopped garlic, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook about 8-10 minutes until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop remaining garlic cloves finely and mix with tbsp. olive oil. Spread garlic olive oil on pizza crust. Top with Monterey Jack cheese, onion & pepper mixture, then mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with red chili pepper flakes.
- Bake in preheated oven about 15 minutes.