This Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream is loaded with Chocolate chips, a cool minty flavor and requires only four ingredients. The perfect guilt free summer addition. Gluten Free, and Vegan option available.
Hey there, and how about a big bowl of creamy, yummy Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream?
Does it sound pretty good Right about now?
Well it did to me, so here you have my creation of what was my favorite flavor of ice cream without all the guilt.
And not that I really felt All that guilty when I ate it…but we all know how things are constantly changing.
Hence eating a big bowl of ice cream years ago just felt right or should I say just tasted Great! Yup, For Sure 🙂
But as I made changes to my diet and lifestyle over the years I just knew that realistically the ice cream needed to go.
Then as I started noticing all the recipes for nice cream floating around the web and thought problem solved.
Let’s freeze some bananas and start experimenting to come up with the right concoction!
Cause anytime you can have one of your favorite frozen treats and feel good about it What’s not to love?
Summertime just equates to ice cream, sprinklers, fire flies and hanging out in the yard late!
And yes…they were probably in that order for me.
Oh, and let’s also not forget about the great ice cream truck. Just hearing the sound of it playing that loud music made children gather.
But really…that music…please…don’t think I could have survived in that line of business.
Hearing “Pop goes the Weasel” or whatever else randomly played over and over again for hours…uhmmm NOT!
So Cheers to the ice cream Man or Lady for being so kind as to randomly cruise through the Neighborhoods in hopes of bringing joy to all the little kiddos.
“I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream” was a popular phrase when I was growing up.
Which I guess from what I read was actually a song published back in 1927. Did you guys know that?
Anyway, even though I don’t recall ever screaming for ice cream…it’s still one of those ever so important childhood memories.
Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream is..
- Made with bananas that are a great source of potassium
- Requires only four ingredients
- You don’t have to wait around for the Ice Cream Truck
- Can have a double scoop without the guilt
- Gluten free & Vegan option
You decide….ONE SCOOP OR....
- 3 frozen bananas cut into pieces
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk unsweetened
- ¾ tsp. peppermint extract*
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips**
- Place frozen bananas in food processor with almond milk and pulse until smooth.
- Scrap down sides several times during process.
- Add peppermint extract and pulse again.
- Put in freezer safe container and stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and freeze at least one hour.
- When ready to serve remove from freezer about 15 minutes in advance.
Servings can vary depending on how many scoops you have a serving.
**can be made vegan by using vegan chocolate chips.