Mexican Pizza is a tasty, easy to prepare pizza topped with all your favorite taco ingredients. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
So if you’ve been following my blog you know that Saturday night is pizza night around our house. My goal is to keep coming up with different pizzas so as to never tire of the same old thing.
I’ll only share the pizzas that I consider to be exceptional and my husband(taste tester for everything you find here) said this Mexican Pizza was the best so far.
I guess that would be considered exceptional.
And I have to agree with him. This was definitely one of my favorites thus far.
If you’re looking to switch up Pizza night or taco Tuesday for that matter this could definitely be a great one to try 🙂
Mexican is probably one of my favorites. Well that and pizza of course.
This Mexican Pizza was made extra special by:
- Making homemade enchilada sauce(included in this recipe).
- Using homemade salsa.
- Topping with avocado and sour cream.
- 1 prepared pizza crust(12 ounce GF crust)*
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese shredded
- 4 ounces white sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Enchilada Sauce
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1¾ tbsp. cornstarch
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- salt to taste
- Enchilada Sauce Instructions:
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add chili powder and cook for a minute till fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil, adding garlic & onion powder. Reduce heat to medium.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add slowly to vegetable broth mixture.
- Heat several minutes until slightly thickened. Stir in tomato sauce.
- salt to taste(about ½ to 1 tsp.)
- Pizza Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spread refried beans over the prepared pizza crust. Top with Enchilada sauce, cheese and bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, green onions
Additional toppings: guacamole, cilantro
The enchilada sauce instructions makes more than 1 cup. So you should have some leftover sauce. It's good on a lot of Mexican recipes.
*I used Against the Grain Pizza Crust