So with Summer being right around the corner I’m always thinking of new recipes I can make on the grill. Grilled Veggie Kabobs are probably one of my favorites to grill.
Actually you can probably make about anything on the grill, but I like to try and keep it simple since to me grilling is about hanging out with friends and family and relaxing.
Another thing I enjoying grilling is Portabella Mushroom Burger. They are quick and easy to prepare on the grill.And making veggie kabobs are great cause you can make them up ahead of time and just throw them on the grill when you’re ready to eat.
I really love everything about the summer other than the pesky bugs. But I guess that’s part of it and I’ve learned to work around it. And maybe I do have more of an aversion to them than most.
Oh well, I guess that’s why I invested in a screened- in- gazebo. Don’t want to allow anything to mess up my outdoor activities.
So these kabobs as I was saying can be made ahead and you can use pretty much any selection of veggies you like or have on hand. I marinated a big bowl of veggies and actually had some leftover the next day which I put to good use.That yummy recipe using the leftover veggies will be on the blog soon. But depending on how many people you are feeding you may want to use them all at once.
For the first official grill out this season it was only me and my husband, so four fully loaded kabobs was plenty.
Okay, time out again. I’m writing this outside today and it seems like these yellow jackets want to annoy me. I guess I need to take it to the gazebo or inside. How many of you guys are annoyed by the summertime bugs?Anyway these tasty little kabobs and iced cold beverage should definitely make it worth it.
I hope you guys are enjoying the start of the official grilling out season, even though I’ve been known to grill out all year around.
What are you’re favorite grill out items? Would love to hear in the comments.
- 8 ounces mushrooms(any variety)
- 1 yellow squash cut into chunks
- 16 ounce bag Brussel sprouts bottom cut off and outer leaves removed
- 10-12 baby carrots
- ½ pint grape tomatoes
- ¼ red onion
- 4-5 cloves garlic crushed & chopped
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos*
- 1 tsp. minced onion flakes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. fennel seeds
- Rinse mushrooms, yellow squash, Brussel sprouts, carrots, grape tomatoes and onion and place in large mixing bowl. Make sure to pat dry after rinsing.
- In separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients for marinade. Whisk with fork and pour over veggies.
- Cover and refrigerate veggies allowing to marinate at least 2 hours before placing on skewers and grilling.