This Grilled Corn & Tomato Summer Salad is the perfect salad to make when you’re grilling out.
It’s packed with lots of great veggies and makes a healthy, tasty Summertime dinner.I like to prepare a lot more Salads during the warmer months but sometimes it can get kind of boring with the same old thing. So adding some grilled veggies onto your salad just gives it a lot more depth and interesting flavors.
This salad is a complete meal on its own so you don’t really need to prepare anything else. You can always throw extra veggies on the grill and use them for other things later. When I grill out I like to fill the grill up with as many veggies as I can.
I’m all about the prep and having as many good things readily available in the fridge so I can easily throw together dinner when I need to.This kind of ended up being an open faced salad I like to call it. I used Romaine lettuce leaves and just topped all the other yumminess on them.
The salad is packed with so much flavor no dressing is really required. You could drizzle with a little olive oil or vinegar if you prefer. Another great summertime salad to try is California Style Avocado Salad.
As you can tell, I’m all about the Avocado. I could seriously eat these guys on about anything. Anymore Avocado lovers out there?
- 4-6 large Romaine lettuce leaves
- 12-15 Grape tomatoes
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 6 mini corn cobs(frozen)*
- handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ red onion chopped
- 1 box black beans(11-14 ounce size)
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- optional: shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Put corn cobs in water and cook about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Place grape tomatoes and garlic in mixing bowl. Add olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Mix well. Place on grill(I use a rack on my grill for small veggies).
- Brush corn with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste. Put on grill with tomatoes.
- Cook about 15 minutes rotating the corn and tomatoes(the tomatoes usually get done before the corn).
- Meanwhile rinse black beans and put in pan on stove with cumin and salt & pepper. Cook on medium low until grilled veggies are ready.
- Remove veggies from grill and set aside. Once corn is cool with a knife remove kernels from cobb and add to tomatoes.
- Rinse avocado and cut in half. Remove pit and cut in slices. Put juice of lime over avocado and salt to taste.
- Place lettuce leaves on plate, then top with black beans, grilled veggies, red onion, cilantro, avocado and optional cheese.
- Can dress with olive oil and vinegar.