So with the first official grilling out weekend quickly approaching I wanted to share these Grilled Cauliflower Steaks. They are a great option to serve up for any of your vegetarian friends or even yourself.
I like to keep things as simple as possible when cooking out and any prep work I can do ahead of time I like to do. I mean you want to just hang out and enjoy the weather at this point and not have to spend all your time in the kitchen.
As much as I enjoy cooking and creating new recipes, sometimes I just wanna hang out with family and friends. I tried making grilled cauliflower steaks years ago before I started blogging and I remember how good they were. I knew they were going to be among some of my favorite grilling out foods to share.I think I can still remember the first time I ate cauliflower as a child. I thought no way am I eating this stuff. It goes to show how we so change over time. Now it seems like cauliflower is something I eat pretty much every week and in a variety of different ways.
One of my most popular recipes since I started blogging is Spicy Crock pot Cauliflower Mac & Cheese. Very easy to make and taste sooo much better than that stuff out of a box. Don’t get me started on processed foods in a box, No that’s all I can say about that.
So I hope your week has started out well and think about including some Grilled Cauliflower Steaks into your next cookout.
- 1 medium/large head of cauliflower
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp. onion flakes
- ½ tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt to taste*
- In medium bowl combine olive oil, garlic, onion flakes, red chili pepper flakes and dried parsley.
- Remove outer green leaves from cauliflower and then slice into ½ inch slices.
- Brush both sides with olive oil mixture. Then sprinkle with salt.
- Place on grill and cook about 10-12 minutes per side.