This Double Chocolate Coconut Granola is sweetened without adding refined sugars. Chunky with intense chocolatey flavor, along with coconut flakes for a breakfast or snack you’ll love. Gluten Free, Vegan option.
Well Hello there!!! And as promised I’ve been exploring some more of the sweet side of things.
As mentioned before and if you’ve been following along, I’m normally more into the salty than sweet things.
But chocolate now…that’s another story.
While granola has always been one of the hubbies favorite so I decided to marry the two together..My love for chocolate and his for granola 🙂
Because who says you can’t have healthy and tasty all in one bowlful or handful.
Granola really is the perfect solution for breakfast or a healthy snack since it’s portable, travels well and makes an awesome topping for so many things.
This Double Chocolate Coconut Granola is the perfect topping for plain Greek yogurt or even a tasty addition to a smoothie bowl.
So many options and tasty ways to eat it, but personally I just like to eat it by the handful.
Also if you’ve ever priced any good quality gluten free granola it’s just one more reason to make your own.
Hence, I hope all my chocolate loving granola friends will give this a try.
Hubby said it was wayyy better than any of the store bought stuff we’d been buying. MAJOR score in my opinion…save money and tastes better!
So I guess granola will be one more thing I’ll be experimenting with and hoping to share with you guys.
Anyway this Double Chocolate Coconut Granola is…
- Chunky, chocolatey, coconutty good
- Packed with all the health benefits of dark chocolate
- No added refined sugars
- Portable and kid friendly
- Easy to prepare and the perfect grab & go snack
- Saves money compared to buying quality brands
- Gluten free & Vegan Option
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅔ cup almond butter(I used crunchy)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2½ cups Gluten free old fashioned oats
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile melt coconut oil over low heat for about a minute till liquid.
- In medium bowl mash banana, add almond butter, vanilla extract and coconut oil and combine well.
- In separate large mixing bowl add oats, cocoa powder, hemp seeds, coconut flakes, cinnamon, & salt and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients in with dry and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spread evenly out on baking pan and place in preheated oven.
- Bake 15 minutes, remove from oven stir.
- Continue to bake another 15 minutes, remove from oven and move around again.
- Return to oven for another 5-8 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Allow to cool thoroughly before storing.
Allow to cool at least 45 minutes to an hour before storing.
Allowing the chocolate chips to melt into the granola really gives it that nice chunkiness(hubby loves his granola chunky).
Can add any additional chocolate chips later if you prefer.