These Crispy Baked Asparagus Fries are perfectly seasoned with only a few ingredients. Great as a healthy side or could even serve as a tasty appetizer. Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
And since fries are one of those things that are loved pretty much Universally, you can never have too many of them.. Right?
So therefore I decided to create yet another version with these Crispy Baked Asparagus Fries.
Anyway as I’m preparing to tell you all about these wonderful little beauties I’ve actually got my screen door open in Mid January..Crazy, huh!
That’s pretty much the weather here in the southeast. One day you’re dressing for snow and the next let’s whip out the shorts.
But I’m really not complaining since I definitely function much better when the weather is nice. It actually gets me moving more and elevates my mood..So Happy, Happy for 70 degree weather in January 🙂
And lets not forgot these Asparagus Fries. I’m giving you another reason to add more fries to the Menu.
I know not everyone can be on board with Asparagus but bake these babies with some parmesan cheese and crushed chips and it takes them to the next level.
And yes, I did say chips. Cause yes me and chips just get along so well. So why not incorporate them into something healthier so I can feel good about eating them.
Most of all you’re really going to appreciate the crunchy, crispy factor of these fries.
So hopefully I’ve convinced you to grab some Asparagus and try these since:
- Fries are pretty much loved Universally
- Did I mention Chips are involved here
- Easy to prepare and kid friendly
- A great way to EAT YOUR VEGGIES
- They even taste good cold as a snack right out of the fridge
- So you may want to double the batch
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- ⅓ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup gluten free flour(I used sprouted oat flour)
- 2 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Rinse asparagus and break off woody ends*
- Grate parmesan cheese with smallest grate on box grater and add to a mixing bowl.
- I pulsed the potato chips in the food processor which only took a few seconds and got them the perfect texture**
- Add crushed potato chips to parmesan cheese, along with garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Add eggs to separate bowl and beat well.
- Place flour on separate plate.
- Starting with flour, roll asparagus into flour, dip into egg, and then parmesan mixture.
- Lay on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven 15 minutes.
- Rotate and bake an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Can be served plain or with a dipping sauce***
**could also put them in a plastic bag and crush with rolling pan. Food processor is just much more efficient if you have one.
***I used a dipping sauce that consisted of mayo, dill weed, lime juice and garlic powder