Chocolate Almond Butter Popsicles are a four ingredient treat that is creamy, refreshing and drizzled with chocolate. Gluten Free & Vegan option.
Hello and Happy official 2nd day of Summer to you!
Can you believe it’s already here? Do you guys have any big plans for the summer?
Road trips, special events or maybe just hanging out with the kiddos by the pool.
Well, me either but I thought it only seemed fitting to share popsicles with you today!
You know as a celebration of all things Summer. But mostly because it’s just plain HOT out.
Cause guess what??? You can’t have too many tasty cool treats for the hot months ahead.
And since these are on the Healthyish side of the fence you really can feel good about staying on track this summer.
Plus, making popsicles can really be a fun thing to do with the kids.
Doesn’t everyone want to smear chocolate all over popsicles and then eat them?? Haha!
Okay, well maybe I’m just a little bit special or I like to call it creative when it comes to popsicle making.
As long as you’re getting as much chocolate on there as possible, you’re good.
You get what I’m saying…Right? Just make sure to have a large pan covered with parchment paper and have Fun!
Oh and speaking of fun shouldn’t that also include some other tasty little bite sized treats to nibble on during all your summer activities.
Hopefully mine is going to include plenty of sunshine and lots more tasty treats to share with you Guys.
And Chocolate Almond Butter Popsicles are….
- The perfect Healthyish way to cool off this summer
- Fun to smear chocolate all over
- Only four ingredients
- Great to help keep the kiddos occupied
- Gluten Free & Vegan option
- 3 frozen bananas broken into bite sized pieces
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk(unsweetened)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- optional but recommended ingredients:
- half a dark chocolate bar melted
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped nuts( I used pumpkin seeds)
- Place bananas, almond butter, almond milk in food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Add chocolate chips and blend again till incorporated.
- Spoon equal amounts into popsicle molds and freeze a minimum of 4-6 hours.
- Remove popsicles from molds and place on pan and return to freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate bar with coconut oil in double broiler over medium low heat.
- Remove popsicles from freezer and drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Can use any type of nuts but pumpkin seeds are very nutritious and taste great.
Vegan option using vegan chocolate chips.
For easier removal of popsicles from mold run under warm water to loosen.
Store in freezer in covered container.