Chocolate Almond Butter Overnight Oats are the perfect grab and go breakfast or snack. Throw everything in a jar and breakfast is READY to go. GF & Vegetarian.
Hello and Happy Monday to you guys! And let’s not forget tomorrow is Valentines Day!
So what better way to surprise your favorite Valentine than with a tasty Chocolatey breakfast.
Yup, and it’s so easy to prepare..literally only takes a few minutes and then you wake up to the magic.
And apparently the whole Overnight Oats thing has been around for a while. I’ve just recently noticed the popularity of them showing up everywhere and been experimenting with them.
Since I was curious how they first came about…cause that’s just my nature…I naturally went to my friend Google.
So lo and behold it was actually developed around 1900’s by Swiss physician Maximilian Bircher-Brenner as a dietary meal based on Apples for his patients.
You know I knew there was a reason Apples were my go to food group. Maybe there really is something to the ole saying “An Apple a Day keeps the Doctor Away”.
But anyway, sometimes you just need a little chocolate in your life, and for those days this is a great go to and also this.
Variety is the spice of life I believe..You just gotta mix things up a little bit sometimes. While routine is definitely a good idea…sometimes it’s just nice to switch things up a little bit.
And with Overnight Oats you can pretty much customize them with all of your favorites and let your creative side flow 🙂
So I hope you guys have a terrific Valentines Day and plan something special and creative with your favorite one.
But for now as ALWAYS I like to sum up the benefits and these Chocolate Almond Butter Overnight Oats are no exception:
- Since it takes literally only a couple minutes to prepare
- You have a healthy, tasty, breakfast READY to go
- They can be customized with all your families favorites
- Great way to get kids to eat Breakfast
- Cause we all need a little EASY in our life
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
- 2 ripe bananas *
- 1 cup old fashioned gluten free oats
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp. hemp seeds **
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips ***
- Put bananas in bowl and mash.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour in mason jar or any covered jar and refrigerate overnight for best results.
**optional some extra hemp seeds for topping
***optional extra chocolate chips for topping
You could also use another kind of milk if you prefer
Could do Vegan option by using vegan chocolate chips or leaving them out