Cauliflower Bread Grilled Cheese is a lower carb, gluten free option for a grilled cheese sandwich. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
The first time I saw a recipe for cauliflower bread I thought that looks really good, but I also thought this is going to be a lot of trouble to make. Then I thought Cauliflower Bread Grilled Cheese would be awesome.
Well, I was right about it being really good but it ended up being easier to make than anticipated. And since I’m following a gluten-free diet this was a perfect addition to have with a bowl of tomato soup for lunch or even dinner.
But if you’re not following a gluten free diet I still think you would really enjoy this mouth watering sandwich.
All you really need is a medium sized head of cauliflower and some cheese to make this sandwich.
So what you waiting for??
You just start by breaking the cauliflower up into florets and then pulsing them in the food processor. Viola…You can now bake this lovely cauliflower bread with only a couple more ingredients.
And if you are looking for other things to make with cauliflower then look no further than here.
Your bread should come out looking like this and then you can assemble the grilled cheese sandwiches.
You can use any of your favorite cheese for these guys…but personally I don’t have a favorite cheese..Love it all!!
Hence, I piled mine with some cheddar, and Swiss making the perfect guilt free version of a grilled cheese sandwich.
So I hope the next time you’re craving a good grilled cheese sandwich you’ll give this a try and please let me know what you think.
- 1 medium head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt*
- Additional cheese for sandwich**
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put parchment paper on large baking sheet and generously grease parchment paper.
- Break cauliflower into florets and pulse in food processor or use box grater(yield about 3½ cups riced cauliflower).
- Place riced cauliflower on several sheets of paper towels or use clean kitchen towel.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible and place in mixing bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients reserving the additional cheese for sandwich. Mix well and divide into four sections in bowl as to try and get sandwich slices equal.
- Spoon the mixture in the four sections onto the greased parchment paper. Press into shape of bread slices. Bake in preheated oven about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn bread over. Then bake an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit a few minutes. Then assemble the grilled cheese with cheese of choice and put back into buttered pan and cook till cheese is thoroughly melted turning sandwich over once while cooking. You could also melt cheese in oven if your prefer.
**whatever your favorite cheese
Additional toppings are optional. You could really be creative with this.