Caramelized Onion & Cream Cheese Pizza has less than five ingredients. So simple to make when you’re looking for a tasty pizza without a lot of fuss. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
This Caramelized Onion & Cream Cheese pizza truly shows my obsession with cheese and onions. This is such a great combination of flavors.
Caramelized onions are really good on a lot of things but top them on a pizza with a lot of cheese and life doesn’t get much better than that.
I love the smell of onions caramelizing and when you add the balsamic vinegar to the end of the process it just adds that nice little touch of extra sweetness to them.
Onions and garlic are pretty much a staple in my house. They make almost everything taste better.
But the caramelizing of onions just bring out the sweetness in them and they top nicely on a lot of things.
So all the reasons you may want to make this your next Pizza:
- Under five ingredients for sure.
- Caramelized onions make everything better.
- Can be made with your favorite pizza crust. Of course all my pizza crusts are gluten free.
- Sure to become one of your new favorites 🙂
If you make this pizza please let me know what you think.
- 1 pizza crust
- 2 yellow onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1½ tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- dash of red chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degree
- Melt butter over medium high heat
- Meanwhile thinly slice 2 medium/large yellow onions
- Cook approximately 10 minutes and then add your salt
- Continue to cook about another 15 minutes until onions are translucent and lightly browned
- Add your balsamic vinegar during the last couple minutes of cooking
- Remove onions from heat and cool slightly
- In small bowl combine softened cream cheese, garlic, olive oil, and onion powder
- Combine until you have a softened smooth consistency
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of prepared pizza crust of choice
- Top with caramelized onions, mozzarella cheese, and red chili pepper flakes
- Bake in preheated oven about 15 minutes until bubbly and golden brown