This Black Bean Taco Casserole is a tasty, easy to prepare dinner perfect for a busy weeknight. And requires only a handful of ingredients to make. Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
Happy Monday Guys!! Hope your weekend was fairly uneventful or maybe you got lots of shopping accomplished.
The most exciting part of my weekend was waking up Sunday morning to the Christmas tree laying on its side..Okay, so let me back up just a little. About a month ago we got a new furry member added to our family named Lola.
Don’t get me wrong, she’s cute.. Really, really cute and knows it. But we haven’t had a kitten in the family in a while.
Hence, I hadn’t prepared myself for the possible destruction. Anyway we will get through it after possibly having to redecorate the tree several times before Christmas. Haha!!
So as we are inching our way closer to the Big day..You know that day when the big guy with the red suit on arrives, you may find yourself not having as much time to think about dinner.
With all the holiday prep, shopping, and baking it’s nice to have a few easy dinners to prepare.
You know for those days when you have wrapping to do or in my case redecorating.
But for Real, Holidays or not some days you just don’t want to spend the evening in the kitchen.
This does not mean you can’t have a satisfying tasty meal the whole family we love.
So I’m here to tell you in a few words how that’s possible with this Black Bean Taco Casserole:
- It only requires a few ingredients that you may already have on hand.
- Kid friendly and doesn’t require a lot of clean up.
- Meaning less time you have to spend in the kitchen.
- The perfect meal to switch up Taco Tuesday.
- Gluten Free and Vegetarian.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 box/can black beans drained and rinsed(11-14 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels rinsed
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped(optional)
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 cup cooked brown rice*
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt(I use full fat)
- 3 Gluten free tortilla wraps
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add black beans, corn, jalapeno, tomato, spices, brown rice, and yogurt and combine well.
- Cook another 6-8 minutes and set aside.
- In 9 by 9 casserole pan you will start by layer ⅓ of bean mixture, cheese, then tortilla.
- Repeat layering ending with tortilla and cheese on top layer.
- Bake covered in preheated oven 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool ten minutes prior to serving.
I sometimes just keep pre-cooked rice in the fridge to have handy for quick meals.